Thursday, April 4, 2013

Jessica UPATE: Panera response

I wanted to give an update on our recent outing to Panera.  A friend of mine urged me to send some feedback to their customer service.  I wasn't going to, but I was kind of curious as to what their response would be.

I sent them an email detailing our experience, and this is the email I got back:


Dear Darcy,

 
Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful letter to us regarding your experience at our cafe in North Andover, MA. We appreciate your feedback.
At Panera Bread we take great pride in conforming to all
the standards set forth by the Americans with Disabilities Act
(ADA). Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about our cafe
being busy. I am sorry to hear it was overwhelming for Jessica but
it sounds as though she handled herself beautifully! I wish that we could
make our cafe a perfect experience for all of our guests but unfortunately, that
simply is not realistic. Thanks again for contacting us and we hope to see
you at Panera Bread again soon.

Sincerely,
Evelyn Margot
Customer Service Representative
Panera Bread / PR Restaurants LLC
 
I really can't find fault in this response.  Do I think they are going to create a sensory corner for kids like Jessica?  No.  Do I think they are following all ADA specifications?  Maybe.  I think that their floor plan is set up for when there are a certain amount of customers in the cafe, but does not really have extra room for when the place is super busy.  Could they monitor their capacity better?  Sure.  Is it worth the fight?  I don't know. 
 
Evelyn certainly replied in an appropriate way, although there is a hint of sarcasm to her note.   "Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about our cafe
being busy"
Really, Evelyn?  You think?  I am sure there is a maximum capacity to your store, and I am pretty sure it was exceeded that afternoon.  I picture Evelyn and her co-workers laughing at my email because I am some crazy lady that is asking that Panera not be busy. 
 
I am not trying to be confrontational, but it bums me out that Panera is added to the long list of places that I can't take Jessica to.  Panera is not worth an anxiety attack or a meltdown.  A place that she used to be happy to visit is on the no fly list.  I really don't want special treatment for Jessica.  I just want her to have access to the places that every other kid has.
 
What do you think??
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment