Saturday, March 16, 2013

Jessica and political signs

Jessica loves reading political signs.  I have never tested her, but I am pretty sure she could name all the candidates that ran for office last November.

I have used this love of political signs to my advantage.  We read the signs together while driving, and for some reason saying the names of the candidates opens Jessica up to having a two way conversation.  It is a total bonus when the person running for office has a funny name, because Jess gets very giggly.  I don't know what it is about the signs, but I'll take a reciprocating conversation any way I can get it!

We have a special election coming up this month in my town for School Committee.  For the past few weeks Jessica has been reading the signs for one of the candidates,  Zora Warren.  For some reason she likes saying her name.  I suspect it is because one of her favorite Pokemon is named Zoura. 

This morning, we went down to Main Street and held signs for Zora.  I introduced Jessica to Zora, and Zora shook her hand.  The reaction from Jess was classic.  She acted like she was meeting a movie star!  It was obviously exciting for Jessica to meet an actual person that belonged to a political sign.  I think I might have to get her out there holding signs again next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment