Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Jessica and Girl Scouts

Jessica is a Daisy Girl Scout. She seems to like being a Daisy. I am a Daisy troop leader. Mostly because I don't think Jessica would be able to be a Daisy without me being there. Well, to be honest I wouldn't want to leave Jessica with another parent that might not "get" Jessica and all her quirks.

For example....

Today we were in our Daisy circle talking about being responsible for what we do and say. It was a very deep conversation (as deep as 1st graders can get). All the girls were paying attention very closely to what was being said etc.
At this point, I look over at Jessica and she is drawing an imaginary cat on the floor of the cafeteria with her fingers. I could tell it was a cat only because she does this ALL the time. I quietly reminded her to pay attention...that lasted about 2 minutes. The next thing I know, she takes off her shoe and is smelling her shoe and foot. Now all the girls are looking at her, and in unison scream "EWWWWWW!!"

So much for being responsible for what you say and do!
My kid likes to smell her feet. And draw imaginary cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment