Friday, January 8, 2010

Jessica and YouTube

Jessica is a big fan of YouTube. She steals my laptop, clicks on the "favorites" star, and journeys over to Youtube.
Her favorite thing to do is to type "CAT" into the search bar. This of course elicits hundreds of videos. As a side note, when I go on YouTube there is a section where it recommends videos based on my previous viewings. It comes as no surprise that YouTube thinks I love cats, Pokemon, and Ugly Dolls.

She watches these cat videos for hours. Some are basic videos that people have uploaded of their cats doing silly things. Some have clever subtitles of what the cat may be thinking. Others even have a soundtrack. I notice that she particularly likes one video that is serenaded by Black Sabbath singing "Crazy Train".

Initially when I heard that song playing, I thought Mike had turned on the radio. Then I came to find Jessica in my bed watching cats bounce off walls SINGING along to Crazy Train.
Another time I found her jamming to Numa Numa. You know that crazy viral video of the boy dancing in his chair?

I figured out I needed to perhaps monitor her YouTube searches when I caught her singing "Smack That" by Akon. She was lying in my bed next to me, and broke out into the chorus. Complete with smacking her backside. Does YouTube have parental controls?

No comments:

Post a Comment