Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Jessica and Dr. Becker

Yesterday was Jessica's semi-annual visit to Dr. Becker. He is Jessica's developmental pediatrician that we see at Children's Hospital Boston. I call him her "autism doctor". He and his team at the Developmental Medicine Clinic were the ones that initial diagnosed Jessica as being on the autism spectrum.

Dr. Becker is truly a wonderful doctor. He is easy to talk to, listens to all my concerns and questions, and above all is fantastic with Jessica. He asks her questions about school and home in such a way that puts Jessica at ease. She really likes him, and I honestly wish he was her regular pediatrician...but that is a whole other story!

Here you see Jessica patiently reading a book in the waiting room.

Jessica really had a good visit with him, and was just so good for the whole trip. The weather was cool and sunny, so I took a few minutes after the appointment to let Jessica play at a small outside playground the hospital has. It was so nice because we were the only ones there, yet we were in the middle of towering sky scrapers. I had never taken Jessica to this playground before, and she was so excited.


She loved climbing the structure, and sliding down the slide. The look of happiness on her face was so beautiful. Jessica is really a great kid, and I love her so much!


I just want to thank Jessica for being such a great daughter, and for being so well behaved for appointments that I wish didn't even exist. I love you Jessicat!

No comments:

Post a Comment