Friday, April 9, 2010

Jessica and mornings

Have I mentioned Jessica is not a morning person? Well if I haven't, I am now.

The morning started off innocuous enough. Jessica got up a few minutes earlier than she normally does, and snuggled in my bed with me for a while. It was really nice until I started talking about going to school. She then started to pull the "I'm sick" card....fake cough and all. How at the age of 7 she knows how to do this, I have no idea.

Of course I had to bargain with her to go to school. I told her that if she still felt sick at school, she could go to the nurse and I would pick her up. Then I pulled out the big guns. I told her after school we could go to the Hello Kitty store. That promise sealed the deal.

It should come as no surprise that I got a call from her special education teacher at 3pm letting me know that Jessica had a bad day. Of course the Mommy-guilt hit me in the gut. If I had just kept her home she would have been able to participate in Reading Buddies, she would have been able to draw the dandelion the rest of the class did, and she wouldn't have cried all day at school.

I am a bad Mommy.

P.S. We did go to the Hello Kitty Store. So maybe I am not that bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment