Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Jessica and her Birthday

Seven years ago today I couldn't breathe, I had high blood pressure, and I was ready to "get this thing outta me!". You guessed it. Today is Jessica's 7th birthday.

I really can't believe she is 7. It seems like only a minute ago she was a peachy, square-faced baby with blueberry eyes. Now she is a peachy, square-faced 7 year old with blueberry eyes.

So much has changed, but so much has stayed the same. When I think about Jessica as an infant, I think about how she loved her swing....and the hours she would spend in it. I remember telling people what a good baby she was. "She hardly ever cries, and can keep herself occupied!". Little did I know this was a trait that should have shouted "WARNING: AUTISM AHEAD"

I think about how one day she could say her name, and other words like "blanket" and "cup", and the next day she couldn't. I also think about how her thin, beautiful hair curled at the ends, and how excited I was to have a child with blue eyes. I think about her exquisite chubby cheeks, and how if she was thirsty she would go to the fridge and bring me the milk instead of asking for a drink.

Jessica has come such a long way. I am so proud of what she can and has accomplish. I love her with all my heart, and wouldn't trade her for a bazillion dollars.

Happy Birthday Jessica!



No comments:

Post a Comment