Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Jessica and her "Ear Mops"

As I mentioned in an earlier blog, we recently had a wonderful trip to Disney. In planning the trip, I purchased some noise canceling ear phones for Jessica. She can sometimes have issues with loud noise, and I wanted to be prepared and make this trip as perfect as I could. And although she had a couple of meltdowns, she was the best behaved of all 3 of my children

Now that we are home Jessica has taken to wearing the earphones a lot. I think she enjoys the pressure on her ears more than their noise canceling effect. Last night she fell asleep with them on.





I should have known the earphones were going to be a hit because at the beginning of the winter she picked out a lovely pair of Hello Kitty earmuffs. She has a stringent morning routine that includes putting on her Hello Kitty "ear mops" as she calls them, putting on her hat on over the earmuffs, jacket, right glove, left glove, and then her scarf. If something gets in the way of this procedure, it ruins her day. My husband doesn't quite understand this. That is why he is not allowed to help her with this part of the morning!




We drove to Florida, and she wore this get up all the way to South Carolina. I tried to explain to her that it was warm out and she didn't need to be so bundled up. I finally was able to get her to shed her winter clothes when we stopped at South of the Border. The poor kid was a ball of sweat.

I am dreading the change of seasons. If I can get her to lose the hat and gloves it will be a victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment