Sunday, March 20, 2011

Jessica's Birthday

My beautiful baby girl is going to turn 8 in a matter of weeks. I cannot believe my little 3lb 12oz, 34 weeker is going to be another year older.

It feels like this is a big milestone for Jessica and myself. 8 is an age that I can remember from my childhood. Things before that age are a little blurry. Of course I can remember things here and there, but it seems as if 8 is when a child starts forming memories that stay with them for life.

Jessica will remember the period in time that she had to wear a back brace. She will remember having a 3-D Tuxedo Cat birthday cake. She will remember when I took her away for the night on a girls mini-vacation to a small New Hampshire hotel. Jessica will remember the taste of cafeteria pizza on Friday afternoons. She will remember playing with her brother at the park down the street, and how it felt to slide down the twisty slide. Hopefully she will remember all of the good things that come with being 8.

Happy Almost-Birthday Jessica! I love you :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment