Thursday, March 3, 2011

Pity; Party of 1

I just came home from a very cute and entertaining talent show. The kids are all from Jessica's school and range from kindergarten to 2nd grade. They did a great job, and were so cute. Jessica's brother Jack came along with me to root on his classmates. He had a blast.

Now here is where the Pity Party starts. About half way through, I started to get very upset. Jessica will never be one of those girls shakin' their groove thangs to a Hannah Montana song. She won't dress up like a puppy and sing "Who Let the Dogs Out".

Jessica didn't even want to go to watch the show, nevermind be in it. Everytime I broached the subject she ran away from me screaming. I am sorry, but this makes me want to cry. I wish for her to be able to enjoy silly things like watching her friends make fools of themselves at a 2nd grade talent show.

If you want to know where I am tonight, I will be at "Ristorante Depressed". My reservation is under "Pity; party of 1"

No comments:

Post a Comment