Sunday, February 7, 2010

Jessica and pony tails/pig tails

Every morning is a fight with Jessica deciding what to do with her hair. Last year, and all last summer she happily wore a headband, or let me pull her hair back in a pony tail. It was fabulous for a number of reasons. It stays out of her face, she looks super cute, and hair that has skipped a couple night of shampoos still looks good in a pony tail.

In August Jessica found a pair of scissors, and cut her hair. It was as tragic as it could have been, but it definitely cut our hairdo options by 90%. The pic on the right is actually right after I had Snip It's fix the cut she gave herself.

So now it's 6 months later, and her hair is long enough to pull back. But since this has not been a practiced behavior/routine for so long, Jessica freaks out. Every morning I give her a choice of "piggy, or pony"? She always screams "CLIPPY!!!"

To Jessica, clippy means take any clip and randomly affix it to the back of her head. It hold no hair back, and it doesn't look all that good.

Sooooo....this brings me to today. We had Jessica's brother Jack's 5th birthday party at a local place called Jump On In. We HAD to leave the house at 1pm so we could be there for 1:15. I timed everything out perfectly, until I got to Jessica's hair. Against her wishes, I pulled it back into a lovely pony tail. 2 minutes later Jessica is screaming and crying. She wants a CLIPPY!!!

We had a back and forth argument, with her continuing to cry, and me telling her if she didn't stop crying she couldn't go to the party. 10 minutes later, I look at her and the pony tail has been replaced by a clippy in the back of her head. I looked at her, and was about to say something when that smart little girl says, "Mom, see....I'm not crying!"

I guess I have to pick my battles. I just want her to look cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment