Monday, February 22, 2010

Jessica and the future

Jessica, in an out of character episode asked if she could help me make dinner tonight. I was making my famous breakfast-for-dinner french toast. She was in charge of stirring the egg/milk combo. Which I have to say she did very well. Do I perhaps have a James Beard award winner on my hands? Who knows???

Anyhoo...Jessica is stirring the eggs, and casually says to me: "Do we have diabetes?" And at this point I am wondering if she saw too many Wilfred Brimley commercials, or if she has been talking to her 14 year old sister who is convinced she will get diabetes.
I answered, "No we don't. But you never know what the future holds."

She looks up at me, smiles and says "Flying cars."

Apparently in Jessica's version of the future, we are a family of diabetics who drive flying cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment