Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Jessica and Whitey Bulger...yes, I said Whitey Bulger

As a Mom to a daughter with autism, I have grown accustomed to Jessica not asking for things. She figures out what she needs and tries to get it for herself.
This has been true since she was a toddler. She never asked for milk, or something to eat. She always just went to the refrigerator and did her best to get what she wanted.

We live in Massachusetts, and there is a predicted snow storm for tomorrow. When Jessica came home from school today she had left her snow pants and boots at school. I sent my husband to the school to retrieve the items because I knew she would need them in the morning.

He opened her locker and found 2 magnets, both of which had been on our fridge. Neither of us had noticed they were missing. One magnet was a school picture of herself from last year. The second magnet is where is gets dicey. It was a magnet with the mugshots of Whitey and Billy Bulger. My daughter had a magnet with MUGSHOTS in her locker! WHAT????

My husband was smart enough to take a picture. I swear to you, I laughed until I cried. This is just SO Jessica. She wanted magnets for her locker, and instead of asking me for some she just took what she could find. That kid is a piece of work!

1 comment: