Saturday, February 20, 2010

Jessica's Mom and The Mystery of the Missing Chocolate Syrup


Ok just a little rant from me, Jessica's Mom.

Jessica gets into EVERYTHING. Lotions, soaps, chips, bananas, yogurts, money, paperwork, you name it she finds a way to get into it and make a mess. Today I went to Walgreens for maybe a 20 minute trip. I came home to find 2 half empty milk jugs sitting on the kitchen floor. I walked cautiously into the pantry (where our sink is), and realize that the bottle of Hershey's chocolate syrup that we bought last night is empty. It is apparent that someone wanted to make some chocolate milk. The tricky thing is that there was no sign of the chocolate. No cups or bowls halfway full of chocolatey goodness.

I walked into the livingroom and find my 5 year old son playing Wii, my husband asleep on the couch (he works overnights), and Jessica in the corner of the couch on my laptop.
I call her name, and she freezes. This immediately tells me she did something wrong and she knows it. I call her name again, and she looks away from me and freezes again. I ask her where the chocolate is. I then tell her that I know she can hear me, and that it would make me happy if she looked at me. This ilicits a head turn, and the "Talk to the hand" wave. UGH....I know this is going to be a rough one.

I ask her again where the chocolate is, and I finally get some response. This is what she says to me after each time I ask her where the chocolate is:


"In Daddy's tummy"
"Mad Kitty licked it all"
"In the mailbox"

At this point I am praying she didn't squeeze it all into the mailbox.

The mystery of the chocolate syrup has not been solved. I am wary that it just "disappeared". I feel like someone waiting for their friends to pull a practical joke on them. What will I find when I slip my foot in my shoe, or will my sugar bowl be filled with syrupy love?
Ah, the joys of Jessica!

No comments:

Post a Comment