Friday, March 19, 2010

Jessica and St Patrick's Day

I don't know why, but Jessica LOVES St. Patrick's Day. She loves to dress up in green, and pretend she is a leprechaun. It's funny because we aren't even Irish!

My husband is Italian and German, and I am Scottish. My husband really informs the kids about their Italian and German heritage. So much so that Jessica can sing the German national anthem......in German. It's pretty funny to be doing the dishes or something, and hear from another room "Deutschland, Deutschland über alles".

This love of Germany also explains why I often times find Jessica on YouTube watching Spongebob Squarepants in German. How she finds it, I have no idea.



Ok, so back to St Patrick's Day. This year Jessica wore a great headband, green shamrock shirt, and a necklace I got at a party store. It was a day she looked forward to going school.....so I was happy to dress her up in whatever she wanted to wear. Sometimes I wish there were these little holidays everyday so she would be eager to go to school. She had a good day too. Thank you St. Patrick :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment